Attorney Annika Bockius-Suwyn
- Annika concentrates her practice on estate planning and probate, with a special focus on members of the LGBTQIA+ community. She also has in-depth experience in family law.
- Annika is an expert at cutting through the red tape to help every LGBTQIA+ client access their rights. Having served as a law clerk gives her a tremendous advantage in understanding how to navigate processes and bureaucracy. Whether that means shielding same-sex couples in the process of adopting from affidavits that are no longer required, or tracking documentation from mail room to final signatures, she is a hands-on advocate for everyone she represents.
- Annika studied law at Boston University, focusing on diverse areas such as assisted reproductive technology (ART), mediation, and the evolving rights of LGBTQ families. While in law school, Annika worked as a Rule 3:03 Student Attorney at BU’s Civil Litigation Clinic and was a founding member of the BU Family Law Association.
- Before joining DangerLaw in June 2016, Annika served two terms as a Law Clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Probate and Family Court (in Worcester, Middlesex, Plymouth, and Suffolk counties), where she researched complex legal issues and drafted judgments and findings in some of the busiest counties in the Commonwealth.
- Following her clerkship, Annika worked as an associate at Wilson Marino & Bonnevie, PC in Newton, MA, assisting on residential real estate closings, domestic relations litigation, and adoptions.
- Named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer and Rising Star in Estate Planning and Probate for 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Co-chair of the GLAD Spirit of Justice Dinner/Celebration for 2019, 2020, and 2021–the most important fund-raiser to advance the organization’s groundbreaking victories for the LGBTQ community.
Professional and Community Associations
- GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders (GLAD) Board of Directors (2021 – Present)
- Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association, Board of Directors (2018 – present), Co-Chair (2019 – 2022)
- Massachusetts Parentage Act Coalition (2021 – present)
- Jewish Big Brothers and Big Sisters LGBTQ+ Steering Committee Member (2021)
Admitted to Practice
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Outside of DangerLaw
- Annika cares deeply about giving back to the community, a drive she currently channels into supporting GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders (GLAD).
- Having spent a semester in Buenos Aires, Annika speaks conversational Spanish.
- Annika enjoys spending time with her wife and their small dogs Remy and Mac, especially while watching the Philadelphia Eagles (Fly, Eagles, Fly!). Annika is also an ordained minister (so she can marry people as well as get them divorced).
- Swarthmore College, Bachelor of Arts with High Honors in History, Minor in Spanish Literature (BA)
- Boston University School of Law, Juris Doctor (JD)
Office: (617) 340-3231 x 3