Changes to your family can be emotional and overwhelming. Whether you are getting married or looking at a confirmatory adoption, or getting divorced and dealing with custody matters, moving into the next phase of life can feel uncertain. We are there for you as a trusted advisor to help you navigate the unknown and advocate for you in order to reach the best possible outcome. Our thoughtful team approach will help you handle your case with grace and humility while protecting your assets and transitioning your family into its next phase of life. Let us help you make the right moves.
SERVICES WE OFFER:
- Alimony/Child Support advice and calculation
- Collaborative Law
- Confirmatory Adoptions
- Contempt Actions: Enforcement of a Court Order
- Contested Divorce & Divorce Litigation
- LGBTQ+ Families
- Mediation and Mediation Support
- Modification of Parenting and Custody Plans
- Pre-nuptial Agreements and Post-marital Agreements
- Property Division
What should I know about Property Division?
MA is an “equitable division” state which means that while division must be fair, it doesn’t necessarily have to be equal. The court considers many favors, including:
- Length of marriage
- Conduct of parties during marriage
- Age and health of the parties · Occupation and income of the parties
- Opportunity of each of the parties to earn income
- Present and future needs of children
- Contribution of the parties to the acquisition and preservation of assets and contributions as a homemaker. The court has broad discretion as to how property is divided so long as it relies on those factors. Also, it’s important to know that marital property or the “marital estate” is anything you and your spouse own, regardless of how titled.
- Relocation and Removal of Children from Massachusetts
- Uncontested (1A) Divorce